This Simple Homemade Quiche Pastry has a flaky crust that is a great base for any savory quiche filling. We have tried many fillings with this quiche Pastry and they have all come out amazing.
These are the simple ingredients you’ll need to make a quick and easy Simple Homemade Quiche Pastry: all-purpose flour, salt, butter, egg and ice water. That’s it! You probably have all the ingredients in your pantry to make this delicious crust. It comes out perfect every time. Have a look at my Bacon and Mushroom Quiche which is great for a light meal, snack, or even breakfast.
No blind bake required. I try to be as efficient as possible. I hate waiting for long periods of time. This is a tried and tested method, that works every time. So just refrigerate for an hour while you prep your filling and clean up a little. This way you are not waiting around, and if you are anything like me, waiting is impossible.
- 250 grams All-purpose flour
- 125 grams Cold Butter chopped into Pieces
- 3 tbsp Ice water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl and add salt.
- Cut butter into little pieces then add butter piece by piece into the flour. With each piece rub the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a separate bowl add water and the egg in the bowl and beat lightly with a fork.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mix. Once everything is combined knead lightly. Do not over knead the dough.
- Shape into a ball. Cover with cling wrap or place in a sandwich bag and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius / 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove from the fridge and from the cling wrap. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out to cover the bottom of the oven proof dish.
- Roll out the quiche crust to fit the approximate measurements of your quiche pan. Lay the crust on top of the quiche pan and with your hands, lightly press it into place. Trim off any excess dough. Make sure there are no air bubbles between your pastry and the dish.
- For a flaky quiche crust it’s important that the crust is cold when it’s filled and cooked. Your cold quiche crust is ready to be filled and baked!
- Bake for about 45minutes until golden brown on the edges
If you made this recipe and enjoyed it, please don’t forget to give me a star rating in the comments below. And if you’d like to get in touch, you can email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you.